Real Estate in Bicton
The suburb of Bicton is located near East Fremantle, Palmyra, and Attadale on the banks of the Swan River. Real estate in Bicton is highly rated by its citizens and is a primarily residential area. This municipality of the City of Melville is about 10 km from Perth’s Central Business District.
Bicton’s population stands at approximately 6,573
- Citizens 50 years old or older make up the largest portion of the population, with 28.3 per cent.
- Residents 18 years old or younger are 25.9 per cent of the population
- The age group of 35 to 49 is Bicton’s third-largest group
- Those between 19 and 34 are the balance of the population
There is 2,967 private real estate in Bicton, with houses for sale in Bicton being rare, making them highly sought after.
- Of these dwellings, 73.4 per cent are either owned outright or in the process of being purchased
- Single-family houses account for 61.3 per cent of the property in Bicton
- The total of duplexes, townhomes, and villas is 32.3 per cent
- Flats and apartments make up 6.4 per cent of private dwellings in Bicton
Why Real Estate in Bicton?
Real estate in Bicton is very peaceful, and also is an excellent location for young families, retirees, and couples who want to put down roots. The fact that the suburb is less affluent than its neighbour, Attadale, plays a part in Bicton’s popularity. Those looking for homes in the suburb noted that the area is lovely with plenty of green space, friendly people, and down to earth.
Bicton real estate offers ample areas for recreation, and many residents enjoy spending time near the Swan River. Residents of Bicton enjoy access to a number of shopping centres within the suburb and in nearby Fremantle. The Canning Bridge train station is most convenient for Bicton residents, and bus service is available to the rail station or Esplanade Bus Port.
People who are searching for ‘houses for sale Bicton’ also looked at properties in Attadale and Palmyra. In many cases, the prices put Attadale out of reach. On the other hand, Palmyra’s small units and alcoves of government housing made the suburb less attractive than Bicton. If you have your heart set on a house in Bicton, it is best not to wait too long to make an offer. It is easy to miss out.
- Great value for the money
- Low crime rate
- A friendly community to raise a family
- Greenspaces for recreation
- Bicton Primary School falls within the suburb’s catchment area and consistently ranks in the mid-to-high 90s when the school is reviewed
- A number of high-ranking primary schools are available to residents of Bicton, such as Richmond, Attadale, and Palmyra primary schools
- The secondary school available for Bicton students is the Melville Senior High School
- Numerous colleges are convenient to Bicton, including the John Curtin College Of The Arts
People Who Viewed Bicton Also Viewed
Missed out on a property?
Find your perfect home today! Zest Realty has a range of quantity house listings in great locations all across Perth – and mind have your next home among them. Browse our current Perth property listings on the market now and get in touch with us to book in for a viewing